GVCS Library Procedures
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Monday & Friday: Visits by Appointment ONLY
Tuesday & Wednesday: Drop-Ins from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The library is also closed on non-school days.
Prior to your visit:
1. If required by your EF, contact your EF in advance of your visit to let her know when you will be visiting the library.
2. If you wish to visit on a Monday, or a Friday, please call the GVCS Office at 805-642-3435 to schedule a library appointment. Visits shall begin and end within above library hours.
Checkout shall occur prior to 3:00 p.m.
- All materials must be checked out with a GVCS office staff member.
- Items that are not barcoded shall be listed on the checkout form and signed by the parent.
- Items that are barcoded shall be scanned by the staff member. A checkout sheet will be printed and signed by the parent.
- A copy of each form will be provided to the parent, and another copy shall be mailed to the EF.
- Parents shall check out materials only for their own family members. Parents may not take materials out of the library for another GVCS family/student.
- Parents may check out materials only for students currently enrolled in GVCS. No materials may be checked out for siblings or others not enrolled in GVCS.
- GVCS may limit the amount of materials checked out by any one family for the purpose of ensuring an adequate stock of materials for all students.
- If you have any questions about the curriculum, please contact your EF. Unless you visit with your EF, there is no one available in the library to give curricular advice.
- If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please contact Mary at the GVCS office at 805-642-3435 during the hours of 7:00am to 3:30p.m.
- Parents are responsible for supervising their children in the library, restrooms and surrounding areas and ensuring appropriate behavior is displayed.
- Running, climbing, riding on carts/chairs, and loud noises are disruptive to the office staff and library visitors. Please remind children to use their “inside voices” and be on their best behavior while visiting the library.
- Please do not play with manipulatives/games while visiting the library. These items are available for checkout only.
- Parents shall ensure that all items removed from the shelf and not checked-out are returned to the proper location prior to departure from the library.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the library.
- Please dispose of all trash in the receptacles provided.
- Sick families should not visit the library where illness may easily be spread to office staff or other library visitors. If necessary, please call the office to reschedule.
- Please reduce the volume on cell phones and other electronic devices so as not to disturb others.
- Pets/animals may not enter the library, with the exception of service dogs.
- Parents and students are not allowed in the music/computer room. Please ask Mary if you are interested in seeing a musical instrument, microscope, telescope, or computer (if available). These items must be checked out through your EF.
- Any items that do not have a barcode will need to be handwritten on a Materials Checkout Sheet (available in the library).
All materials shall be returned directly to your EF, so that she can track what has been returned. Our Missing Materials Policy applies to all items checked out at the GVCS library, as follows:
Parents or guardians of minor students and adult students enrolled in Golden Valley Charter School must assume responsibility for supplied books, materials, and equipment, including paying for the costs of the replacement of books, equipment, and other resources loaned to the family that are lost or damaged beyong normal wear and tear.